The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is it possible to create keyboard shortcuts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm an engineering student and when I type my notes there's always lots of equations and greek letters. In my text editing programs (Pages, and Word) I have created keyboard shortcuts like \alpha makes the alpha symbol. I use Outliner to take notes in class and to structure my study notes, so I'd really like to be able to do something similar to streamline inputting these types of symbols. I created the shortcuts in Pages under the auto-correct preference pane, and it translated over to many of my other applications, but not my OmniFocus, or OmniOutliner.
Cheers

Make sure text substitutions is turned on in OmniOutliner. If you're not on 10.7, you'll probably need to turn it on each time you open the document. You can do this by right-clicking in a text field and selecting Text Replacement under the Substitutions menu.