The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OO Column Formats - IP (and MAC) Addresses? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

First post, so please be gentle.

I'm seriously pondering OO (already have Plan, Focus, Graffle, Sketch - but no money or life...).

I've found a real need for recognising what IP addresses are (including subnet representations like blah.blah.blah.0/24) and being able to intelligently validate, filter and sort them.

Unless I've been living under a rock, I haven't found a good solution in the spreadsheet world (AKA XL).

I note that OO has numeric, date etc, including the ability to sort (just like a spreadsheet), but it misses out on the above.

In the age of the "interweb", does anyone else share my loneliness?

MAC Addresses would be good too, but IPs would earn a cigar.

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited by pnm; 2012-01-30 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Syntactic sugar