The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fountain -- Plain Text markup for Screenwriting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Saw this mentioned by John Gruber.
http://fountain.io

Checked out the site and immediately wondered how to use this in conjunction with OO3 to simplify my screenwriting.

I'm not enough of a programmer to know how to link Fountain or use it as a plugin.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Kind regards,
M.

More about this: OO3 has several output formats. Fountain provides a markup syntax for screenwriters. I imagine it could be tweaked to handle other outputs.

I downloaded the development kit from github. It probably gets put somewhere in the OO3 package plugins. But I don't have the vaguest idea how to make them work together.

Still looking for advice.

Thanks,
M.

BTW this is what they say on the website. Not trying to promote it, just want to see if it will simplify my workflow.

Fountain is a simple markup syntax that allows screenplays to be written, edited, and shared in plain, human-readable text. Fountain allows you to work on your screenplay anywhere, on any computer, using any software that edits text files.

Like John Gruber’s Markdown, a priority of Fountain is that the raw file itself is eminently readable. Every effort has been made to impose a minimum of syntax requirements. When syntax is required, it should be intuitive. Even when viewed in plain text, your screenplay should feel like a screenplay.

Fountain supports everything that a writer is likely to need in the early, creative phases of writing. Not included are production features such as MOREs, CONTINUEDs, revision marks, locked pages, or colored pages.

Fountain is also a good format for archiving screenplays without worry of file-format obsolescence or incompatibility. For this reason, Fountain does support scene numbers.

For more details on Fountain see http://fountain.io.