The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Expanding to specific levels Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to configure OO to "expand all" to rows of a specific level? Is it a feature of the Professional package only? Or could I find it somewhere in script form? This newbie would be grateful for some help.

Hi canadagoose-

There's not currently a built-in feature for this but we do have an AppleScript available to do this. You'll find it in our scripts package here: http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...fulScripts.dmg

Use either the 'Collapse To Level X.scpt' or 'Collapse to Level of Selected Item.scpt'. You'll also find instructions on how to install the scripts in the OO file included in the package.

If you need anymore help with this, please let me know.

--
Derek M.
Support Engineer
The Omni Group

Hi CanadaGoose and Derek,

I would love, love, love to see CanadaGoose's feature request built in! It IS the reason I joined the forum ... to see if I had merely overlooked it's existence.

Thanks, qomni

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadagoose View Post
Is there any way to configure OO to "expand all" to rows of a specific level? Is it a feature of the Professional package only? Or could I find it somewhere in script form? This newbie would be grateful for some help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Hi canadagoose-

There's not currently a built-in feature for this but we do have an AppleScript available to do this.

Use either the 'Collapse To Level X.scpt' or 'Collapse to Level of Selected Item.scpt'. You'll also find instructions on how to install the scripts in the OO file included in the package.

If you need anymore help with this, please let me know.

--
Derek M.
Support Engineer
The Omni Group

I tried the 'Collapse to Level of Selected Item.scpt' applescript and it works as expected, though slowly.

I'll comment though that the name is a little confusing. The name implies that the script only collapses; however, as expected, it toggles the row's Collapse/Expand property.

Thanks though; this is very helpful. Hope to see it built-in and faster someday!

qomni

There is also an alternative script with a dialog offering relative or absolute changes in the level of expansion.