The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why does All Remaining show completed projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I choose the All Items Remaining perspective, I see completed and dropped projects, as well as projects with no actions. Why is this?

Thanks -- Barbara

I don't think All Items Remaining is one of the included perspectives. Is it one you made?

Can you go through what settings you included? Maybe post a screen shot of the perspective pop up box?

Could be one of mine <g>. Basically, the perspective has View Mode as Project, and no other groupings or sortings or filters. The only thing selected is Status:Remaining.

-- Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsnyder View Post
Could be one of mine <g>. Basically, the perspective has View Mode as Project, and no other groupings or sortings or filters. The only thing selected is Status:Remaining.

-- Barbara
Have you archived or cleaned up the completed items? There is a preference to hide completed items immediately, and I believe if you do so, you won't see them any more.

Can you post a screenshot of your view bar immediately after activating the perspective?

Curt

Hi again. I thought I had figured out my problem. I changed Project Sidebar Filter from All Projects to Remaining. That got rid of the completed items. (And I will look into the preference mentioned above.) But in the results list, I also see projects with no actions. They are light grey.

Screenshots attached.

Thanks -- Barbara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-02-13 at 5.56.48 PM.png
Views:	559
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-02-13 at 5.56.57 PM.png
Views:	584
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1258  

P.S. It also shows Projects that are on hold.

--Barbara

It sounds like you want the Project Sidebar Filter set to Active, rather than remaining. Try that.

Thanks, Malisa. That got rid of the projects on hold, but ones with no next actions are still there. I guess that's as designed. It's probably telling me that I should either add actions to the projects or mark them completed or put them on hold. So...that's not a bug, that's a feature! <g> Just not how I expected it to work, but I can live with it.

Thanks again -- Barbara