The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Confused About Stencil Organization Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The Resource Browser looks like a useful new addition, but I have to say I'm thoroughly confused about where OG is putting stuff. It would be nice if this was all documented (apologies if I missed it). I like to know what's where because I have at least 2 different systems to maintain and to be sure I have stuff I've made backed-up.

So, it looks like the Resource Browser copies anything added into the ~/App Support/Containers… folder? Do I need to dig this folder out to organize stencils? I couldn't get drag-and-drop to work in the Browser or see a way to add a folder with a different category, for example.

That means this buried folder is the one that must be backed-up if a new stencil is created or changed? Previously in OG 5, my various downloaded & created stencils were a mess, so I'm trying to avoid that here and figure out how this thing is supposed to work.

There are also several Omni-related folders in my ~/Library and I'm not sure why and what's current: ~/OmniGraffle, ~/Omni Group, ~/The Omni Group. Clarification please, Omni?

Thanks,
Brian

Anyone? Omni?

It's a little cumbersome, but you can get to the new Stencils folder from the Resource Browser: select a stencil and choose Show in Finder with a right-click or in the browser's action (gear wheel) pulldown menu. That gives you a Finder window of the stencil's folder. Go up from there to the Stencils folder and organize it as you like.

Those Omni-related folders in ~/Library/Application Support show the history of where different versions of OG stored their stuff. The current one is the one inside OG's container in ~/Library/Application Support/Containers

Containers are an element of OS X's sandboxing security feature.

Last edited by john.gersh; 2014-01-13 at 10:54 AM..