The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Contributors? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way for other people to contribute to my OmniFocus, either via the iPhone app or the Mac program? My wife and I have been using ReQall for a while and love the ability to send each other reminders. Is there a quick way for my wife to contribute to my Inbox and visa versa? I know we could just e-mail or text, but I'm looking for something that's "automatic."

EDIT: I see that OF Desktop will monitor e-mail, so I'm going to look into that. Is there similar functionality for the iPhone?

EDIT 2: E-mail looks good, but I am also curious if there are other methods. If this thread never gets an answer, however, I'll be OK since I can use e-mail to accomplish this well enough.

Last edited by TXCiclista; 2009-07-14 at 11:37 AM..

Unfortunately, at the moment the desktop approach is the only way to go. Do send in your votes for something else so they know it is important to you, though I'll admit an iPhone-only solution seems to me to be a challenge!

The OF Desktop Mail input works pretty well, so long as you can leave OF running during all the hours you want someone to be able to send you tasks. Also, the task will only appear on the iPhone after 2 things happen: a minute passes after the email is processed by OF, and the desktop does its automatic sync; and the iPhone does a sync of its own, after the desktop sync has completed. If you have Auto-sync turned on on the iPhone, you'll get an automatic sync a minute after making a change on the phone, and every hour thereafter when the application is active. Of course, you can always tap the sync button to force an immediate sync. Do a sync before checking the list to avoid being greeted with "why didn't you pick up the milk as I asked?" upon arriving home.