The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding Bookmarks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Every time I want to add a bookmark to OmniWeb via the CMD+D shortcut, I have to wade through an endless number of folders to find where I want to place the thing.

I think it would be much more efficient and quicker to not have all Bookmark folders and subfolders appear opened, but to do it as Safari does, i.e. letting the user "drill down" the Bookmark folder hierarchy via submenus.

Yes I know I can always open the bookmars in a separate Windows with CMD+CTRL+B and simply drag the address wherever I want to, but that CMD+D has become such a habit, I can't really let go off it.

We actually use the same menu that Safari does, both have a fully expanded folder structure. I'm not defending this method in any way, I'm just wondering where you're seeing this safari add bookmark method that you describe.

When I hist CMD+D I get a fully expanded list of all folders in my Bookmarks. Even worse, it's quite hard to find where the favo(u)rites folder is and where the bookmarks folder is.

On Safari, if I hit CMD+D, I get a dialogue showing the last used folder name and when I click on that name I can also choose between the two "main" folders "Bookmarks Bar" and "Bookmarks Menu" below.

Then I can drill down the hierarchy of folders. The hierarchy is not expanded at all here, it unfolds as you hover over the folder names. Folders have triangles to the right of the folder name and are not expanded by default, I get proper submenus as in a "normal" hierarchical menu.