The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.11 final now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we published a final release of 5.11 today.

The release notes are not too long:
http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omniweb/download/

However the vastly improved WebKit is worth it alone in case you were still using 5.10.3.

Thanks!

Superlative. Thanks.

VERY fast! Still the greatest. Will we now start seeing sneaky peeks toward v.6.0?

Thank you so much. It's still my main browser.

Always good to see that OW is still getting some love. It's still my browser for 95% of what I do and I only open Safari to handle the sites that OW 5.10.3 went a bit strange on so maybe that is behind me with Webkit 5.0.5 :)

Looking forward to .... 6.0

Some sites now don't work These include (for me) Bank of America credit cards. The site itself works but it now logs me off when I try to pay my bill. Same problem with my Companies' benefits management site. Sad....

I'm having trouble launching OW 5.11 in Lion. I get a guaranteed crash every time I open the app. Anyone else get the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I'm having trouble launching OW 5.11 in Lion. I get a guaranteed crash every time I open the app. Anyone else get the same?
Is your machine 64 bit? Do you have 4GB of RAM? I'm passing on Lion, at least until I have to upgrade my 2.0 MacBook to something heavier. Every OS X upgrade takes up more memory and disk space, and not all of us can handle it. I'd advise you to reinstall Snow Leopard and wait until we have more info on OS 7 bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
No, it's working for me. (I'm posting this from OmniWeb 5.11 on Lion.)

Are you sending in those crash reports? If so, could you post the ticket number from one of them so we can investigate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
Is your machine 64 bit? Do you have 4GB of RAM? I'm passing on Lion, at least until I have to upgrade my 2.0 MacBook to something heavier. Every OS X upgrade takes up more memory and disk space, and not all of us can handle it. I'd advise you to reinstall Snow Leopard and wait until we have more info on OS 7 bugs.
Yes 2009 MBP17 2.93GHz, 4GB RAM.