The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

abnormally large font in text fields Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Of course, you might want to try a more normal font other than Optima -- like Lucida Grande, Helvetica, Verdana, etc.

I also have used Liberation Sans, very readable.

Optima is designed for print, not the screen.

Just my 2 cents, of course. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayon View Post
tb that is all well and good but :

a) how many sites actually have 48 point fonts or anything insanely large that would result in this situation?
b) why would it not make sense to command+- to make the text smaller in this case if the user saw this?
c) why would a custom style with important font rules not over ride this? surely in this situation the user knows exactly what he is doing since he has gone to all the trouble to define his own fonts in a style sheet.
(a) It used to happen enough for it to be annoying when it did - probably about 1 in every 20 to 30 forms I came across (though not at 48 point of course, but often 14+ points and enough for some options to be obscured).
(b) Because it causes the normal size fonts on the rest of the page to become miniscule and to be honest, I have no idea if doing so would even have an effect on the font in the drop down menus.
(c) N/A.