The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Another plea for breaking the project / action barrier Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can a project called "Keep in Touch" with industry folks. I list people names in there as individual actions and set it to repeat every 6-7 months so I can be remind to reach out to industry folks I want to stay in touch with. Context is usually "@Phone–>feeling outgoing"

Today, I decided to drop someone from my list of "keep in touch" folks. ... but i can't. I can't assign "droped" to an action. I can only assign "droped" to a project. Bummer. I have to delete her instead. But I don't want too. I want to be able to review calling her with the other project / tasks I've "dropped".

I still don't understand the benefits of distinguishing between "projects" and "actions". I still think they should be the same objects with a parent/child structure. Can someone tell me what the benefit is of making the distinction and i'll stop repeating myself?

It's 1000% easier to add a context to an action than it is to add it to a project. To add a context to an action, all I do is type. To add a context to a project, I need to make the inspector available, then find my nexted contexts in a big menu. Bummer.

This would go away if the UI disctinctions where less.

Hi,

I fully support the request for the contexts in project view

Mario

I am pretty sure I remember seeing the OmniFolk mentioned that addressing contexts for projects and task groups will be made simpler in the future.

One way you can effectively drop a single task at the moment is to delete its context. It will become inactive and not show up in most filter settings. I don't know if this trick will work in the future, though.