The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How does one view all projects, except completed ones? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to be able to view active, pending, and on-hold projects at the same time. (Essentially, all projects other than completed ones.) But there doesn't seem to be a way to do this, presently. Any suggestions? Or does this comprise a feaure request?

I don't want to have to flip back and forth between viewing projects in various stages of completion. In the pop-up menu, perhaps items 2-6 could be "toggles" which either show or hide those projects. Then item 1 ("all projects") would be a sort of "instant override" that would enable all views. There might be a more elegant way to handle it, but the present "all or one-at-a-time" system seems to fall a bit short. :-)

One way to do it is view all projects,
then click on the view button for grouping
group by completed date

All projects in the none group are all projects that haven't been completed.

Why not let us select multiple items in the filter items where this is applicable? I would often want to see active AND on hold projects, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
One way to do it is view all projects,
then click on the view button for grouping
group by completed date

All projects in the none group are all projects that haven't been completed.
thanks for the tip. i hope we'll eventually have a more elegant way to do this, but this was very helpful. thanks again....

I love the addition between active and pending, but on a daily basis, I want to review both at the same time. I would love to be able to view all "open" projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smew View Post
Why not let us select multiple items in the filter items where this is applicable? I would often want to see active AND on hold projects, for example.
I love this idea.

One part of my review process is to change the status of my projects. E.g. I might want to put certain work projects on-hold this week, or change some on-hold projects to active because I have time for them this week.

Having items I change status on dissapear is not optimal for me. Also, I would like to see both active and on-hold projects in the same view so that I can re-arrange their statuses by on the basis of the resources I have this week.

EDIT: My current fix for my problem is to move all completed and dropped projects into an Archive folder. I have one Archive folder for each of my project folders, i.e. one Archive folder in my Home-projects folder, and one Archive folder in my Work-projects folder.

Last edited by eatmytag; 2007-09-24 at 04:09 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmytag View Post
My current fix for my problem is to move all completed and dropped projects into an Archive folder.
That system would work as well to view all projects except completed ones. Just move completed projects to a "Completed" archive folder, set the View Bar to all projects, and collapse the "Completed" archive folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmytag View Post
My current fix for my problem is to move all completed and dropped projects into an Archive folder. I have one Archive folder for each of my project folders, i.e. one Archive folder in my Home-projects folder, and one Archive folder in my Work-projects folder.
that's also what i'm doing, for now, because when viewing my library at the left, there's no way to view all of the "open" projects (i.e., everything except the completed and dropped).

omni, please give us this additional option in the view bars after "all projects." based upon the comments above, many of us would benefit from an "open projects" option, incorporating all active + pending + on hold projects.

i'm all for simplicity, so i definitely don't advocate adding every possible permutation to the list. but i think it's obvious how this particular option would be useful to many.

thanks.

As of December 14, our wishes have come true. Yea for Omni!