The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can we import PDF as individual vectors? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello fellow 'Grafflers

I have been playing with Livescribe's Pulse Pen and discovered that I can export the resulting vector images as PDF files. I can import these PDF files into OmniGraffle as a "blob" vector, if you will.

If I import the same file into Illustrator, I can manipulate the individual lines of the file instead of just resizing the PDF.

Any way to do this in OmniGraffle so I can replace / edit the drawing?

Thanks for any pointers

--Morgan

OmniGraffle Professional can directly open a PDF and get at the vector information, results are rather varied depending on what application and method generated the PDF, however.

Thanks Joel

It's the cut and paste that doesn't seem to work -- the load PDF mostly works. with the application I am trying it with, I get 0 thickness lines, which can be fixed after opening the file.

-- Morgan