The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I forward a E-Mail to Omni and you make it a task? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am not shure where I read that you can send/forward an e-mail to an Omni-adress and then it is turned into a task.

I am using OmniFocus for Mac, iPad and iPhone.

And: After fiddling around with Things and Getflow, I finally return to OmniFocus - simply the best, guys!

Regards

Christian

If you send a mail to:

send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com

They mail you back with an attachment that (on ios devices anyway) you can open in OF and it creates a task in your inbox with the title and text in your mail.

I use it all the time for remembering links or getting other fragments of text into OF.

You can get the desktop OF to scan your inbound mail in a variety of ways but it's fiddly to set up and you have to wait until you're home to use it. I tend to just use the re-mail address above since it's so convenient.