The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

style questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It seems to me that styles have the opposite priority that I'm expecting. For instance, I have several groups of tasks at the highest level. I was thinking of making them each a different color.

First off, children do not seem to inherit the style of the parent. I wish they did. They the style could just be set at the top level of the group and individual tasks could override if necessary (like css).

Secondly, if i set a style for those tasks, the general style for overdue tasks gets overridden. There doesn't seem to be a way to customize the styles for groups while having overdue tasks show up in red. Either I can show overdue tasks in red, or I can customize styles explicitly.

Am I missing something? I'd really like to use some color to help distinguish major groupings, but I'd also really like to see overdue tasks in red.

You're not missing anything metajack. We have a feature request for the children inheriting parent styles in our database.

I have also filed a report about the overdue tasks getting overridden as well. :)

Thanks. Looking forward to the fixes/features so that I can finally have some color fun.

Just purchased OmniPlan. The lack of style inheritance is a real pain. Look forward to the update.

Votes added! :D

Another vote.

I just purchased Omniplan and was very surprised to find out styles are not inherited in task groups, even in the latest beta.

-- Markus