The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Parent group totals Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the Spending example document, there is a numerical column that automatically updates parent totals when the data of children items is updated. How is that done? When I add a numerical column to my own outline, no totals are provided.

Also, there is a sample doc with rating stars, how is that created?

In the column details make sure you have specified the column's summary type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmalumphy View Post
Also, there is a sample doc with rating stars, how is that created?
It's just a pop-up list, and you specify the values of the pop-up list by tapping on the blue arrow in the editor and typing them in (it's just text). I don't know off-hand what the easiest way to create those characters on the iPad is, but on the Mac, you can use the Character Viewer which can be enabled via the Keyboard System Preferences. Just paste a few characters into an email to yourself, then copy and paste on the iPad into your document (or just edit the document on the Mac).

HappyCatMachine and whpalmer4

Thanks for the good tips.