The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thoreau's use of GTD Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Saw this quote from Thoreau's journal and thought it sounded suspiciously like the GTD habit of emptying my head:

http://hdt.typepad.com/henrys_blog/2...ch-1-1860.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau
March 1, 1860

I have thoughts, as I walk, on some subject that is running in my head, but all their pertinence seems gone before I can get home to set them down. The most valuable thoughts which I entertain are anything but what I thought. Nature abhors a vacuum, and if I can only walk with sufficient carelessness I am sure to be filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Saw this quote from Thoreau's journal and thought it sounded suspiciously like the GTD habit of emptying my head:
Thanks for sharing this. What a clever idea: take Thoreau's journal, and turn it into a blog!

- Don

David Allen has also said that GTD is a compilation of his studies into productivity. It's a distillation of various techniques into a systematic approach to getting things done.

I'm sure Allen draws as much inspiration from Thoreau as well as from other folks.

That's a good job hunting down this link!