The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Daily Review Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All, I'm new to the Omni Group Forum but am already a big fan of Omnifocus.

I was wondering if there was a way to review (only) all my completed actions for the day at the end of the day.

Besides dragging and dropping into a separate doc, this is all I can think to do.

Thanks!

Sure, easy to do. Just view by completed, and group by completed, and skim the top group of items.

not working...

The built in "Completed" perspective should show you the actions you've marked off today, in a "Completed Today" group at the top of the window.

If you're looking for a way to remove all the items you've completed before today, you could use the "Archive Old Data" feature (under the File menu) for that purpose. Select that menu item, type "today" into the date box, then hit the "Archive" button.

Everything completed before today is copied out of the database, and the "Completed" perspective now shows only those things done today.

Just make sure to always do the archiving on the same Mac. The archive data isn't synced between your devices the way the main database is, so you'll want to keep it all in one place. Hope that helps!

A mistake I made was to try to see completed when my View was set to "remaining". The completed actions were no longer remaining

Be careful when using the archive feature in OF that you really want to archive only by date. This method pulls out actions piecemeal from folders and groups so that you split out the records of past actions that would otherwise build a complete project.

Eventually, I would imagine, if you archive diligently, at some point in time, the archive will contain the entire record of actions for the project. It is only during the intermediate time (before the project is complete and while you are actively archiving tasks from it) that you might have to go back to the Archive to remember ... "oh yes, I really did do that task already".

A different approach is to create a folder, for example called Archives, mark the folder as Dropped (use control-click), and dump your completed projects in to it when they are done.

--
JJW