The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

64-bit test builds of OmniWeb now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
The crashes are happening deep in Apple's code, and I'm having trouble tracking them down. If anyone can help me find a pattern for reliably reproducing them (visiting a particular website, loading a particular set of websites all at once, or whatever), I would love to figure out what it is that's triggering the crash. But right now, I'm not quite sure what the issue is. (Their framework is crashing when it tries to create a copy of a URL response, but I don't know what it is about the response that is crashing it.
Did some checking. On my box, each time I open 'http://www.kicker.de' OW crashes immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
I have a set of pages that always crashes. However I cannot use the automatic mail from the crash catcher, thus would have to send you a PN. But how do I switch on the "Copy log to crash reports" and "Show HTTP Requests"? When I open that crashing workspace the next I see is the crash catcher window, there's nothing to configure in there.
In OmniWeb (before it crashes), open the Error Log from the Window menu. At the top of that window, you'll see checkboxes for "Copy log to crash reports" and "Show HTTP requests".

(I assume the problem with Crash Catcher's automatic mail is that you don't have Mail app configured to work with your email account?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
Did some checking. On my box, each time I open 'http://www.kicker.de' OW crashes immediately.
Thank you! That's crashing for me, too; with that as a test case, hopefully I'll be able to track this down.

Quote:
In OmniWeb (before it crashes), open the Error Log from the Window menu. At the top of that window, you'll see checkboxes for "Copy log to crash reports" and "Show HTTP requests".
I see, I never stumbled across that one, thanks!

Quote:
(I assume the problem with Crash Catcher's automatic mail is that you don't have Mail app configured to work with your email account?)
Correct. It wants to cache all of my mails on disk (and there are a LOT of them on my google mail account) using up too much of my rather expensive SSD space. I rather use Mulberry, but due to limitations in Mulberry it cannot even be used for automatically sending crash reports (the Apple crash catcher honors the 'default mail program' setting, but it does not work with Mulberry).

Ideally the crash catcher should have a third option "generate and display email", that would allow me to always send out crash reports when they come in.

I have the same problem, in a way. I use GyazMail as my default mail app rather than Apple Mail, but the OmniWeb crash catcher always sends the data to Apple Mail. I copy the contents and the Subject line to a new mail in GyazMail, send that and then close the mail.app.
It’s only a small step, but a bit of a bore. I wish it was possible to designate an alternative to mail.app as the default for the crash catcher.

Quote:
Thank you! That's crashing for me, too; with that as a test case, hopefully I'll be able to track this down.
Seems like you've already tracked this down? Build 1127 no longer crashes on that page, in fact it hasn't since I installed it.

Thank you for all your work, Ken!
The latest version works quite well for me. But one problem remains. I have occasional crashes on various sites. They happen about once or twice a day. I can't see a pattern when it come to the sites where it happens. It even happened in this forum. But looking at the crash report and the crashed thread it seems they are all similar. So it might be one single cause.

The latest crash report that i submitted has ID [OG #1013584]. If you need more reports to see a pattern, please just tell me and i'll post more IDs here as soon as it happens again.

The "Magnet Link" bug is still lingering and hasn't been attended to, as of r201127.

When copying a Magnet link via Control+click 'copy link to clipboard' from context menu, then pasting the link to a plain text file or RTF with Command+Option+Shift+V (paste and match style) reveals an incorrect format.

Correct format should be:
magnet:?xt=

OW incorrectly (for some unknown reason), adds a forward slash after the colon:
magnet:/?xt=

Probably a simple 30 second fix, so would like to see it resolved. thanks

Page Display 'highlight links when clicked' doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayon View Post
The "Magnet Link" bug is still lingering and hasn't been attended to, as of r201127.

When copying a Magnet link via Control+click 'copy link to clipboard' from context menu, then pasting the link to a plain text file or RTF with Command+Option+Shift+V (paste and match style) reveals an incorrect format.

Correct format should be:
magnet:?xt=

OW incorrectly (for some unknown reason), adds a forward slash after the colon:
magnet:/?xt=

Probably a simple 30 second fix, so would like to see it resolved. thanks
I can confirm the following fix:

URL with query but no path — Fixed a bug where URLs with a query but no path (e.g. “magnet:?xt=") would get parsed into a URL with an empty path (e.g. “magnet:/?xt=")

Fantastic, thanks.