The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Q: Tasks (or projects) waiting on other tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello,

I keep running into situations in which several projects are waiting on a single task in OF. A made-up example might be several projects around the house that are all waiting on my renting a power-washer at Lowe's.

Now that it's winter, I'd want to mark all those projects "on hold," and create a task "Rent power washer" that's "waiting" for Spring. When Spring comes and I rent the power washer, I'd want some way to spot all the projects waiting on that. It would be even better if those tasks would come out of "waiting" and their projects out of "on hold," so the next actions appear when I have the power washer.

Is there an "official" way to handle scenarios like this? How would other OF users do it?

Thanks!