The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Setting actual task times - ignoring calendar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to learn to use omniplan, to see if it'd be useful for me long term. I'm using it for short-medium tasks i.e. 30 minutes to a day or two. After setting up the tasks, and doing them, I want to set the actual times each task took, but have had trouble wrestling them to actually adhere to what I want.

If I, for instance, work into the calendar-allocated lunch a bit, it completely refuses to allow me to set actual start and end times that are accurate - without editing the calendar (which I don't want to generally do, as for planning future tasks it's useful, and editing every day individually seems to make it more trouble than is useful).

When a task is set to 100% completion, it seems to let you overlap tasks in the past, but this doesn't seem to apply outside of the calendar time. Is there some way to do what I want, or am I completely misusing the program?