The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No more geofenced reminders? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi - 4s with the latest OS software and latest OF version. It seems that all of a sudden, the location arrow stays constantly filled in and Geolocation is no longer being used by OF. Even if I delete all locations (I think I am at least) from all my contexts, and remove any remnant (I think) of all other location based information, I am still getting the full filled in triangle and the resultant bad battery life. When I turn OF off at the locations level in the OS settings of course the arrow goes off but once I turn OF back on it goes into full location mode and NOT geofencing. I have tried resetting the database twice, and also reinstalling. I also run OF on two macs and my iPad, sync via MobileMe.

If this normal performance now? A new bug?

Last edited by mdiamant; 2012-04-01 at 01:20 PM..

I'm seeing the same thing. Since updating to 1.14 on my iPhone 4, the system shows OF using location services--constantly. I've not added new location-aware contexts or tasks, and have tried resetting the database, quitting the app (not just pressing the home button), and restarting the phone. No luck. Something's not right.

In order to provide Location Reminders, OmniFocus uses both region fences and significant location changes. (The former is what qualifies for the hollow arrow indicator.)

Both of these services have very low power requirements.

There is a bug in 1.14 where it will start monitoring significant location changes in situations where this isn't necessary. We will correct this in a future release.