The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Call for OmniGraffle stencil requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(shamelessly re-posted from the blog, as we're aware that not everyone reads that particular publication)

You OmniGraffle fans probably already know about Graffletopia, which hosts a tons of cool stencils for your downloading pleasure. We’ve also got quite a few linked from the OmniGraffle extras page, and of course it’s super easy to make your own stencils by selecting New Stencil from the Stencils menu and dragging in images.

Currently we aren’t including very many ready-made stencils in the app itself, though, so we’re going to be working on adding more Omni-created stencils to Graffle’s built-in library of objects (and updating a few of the existing ones).

Here’s where you can help: what sorts of image collections would you like to see in the app? I am personally voting for a Macworld booth layout stencil (complete with $100-per-day rented trash can!), some cool photo borders, and maybe some DVD/DVR/remote icons (so when my in-laws visit we can create a foolproof graphical set of instructions to help them operate the television without accidentally resetting everything to Spanish, adding a season recording of “Deal Or No Deal?”, and turning the screen magenta), but I figure you guys might have some ideas that are even MORE useful.

Post your stencil requests in this thread, and thanks for helping us out!

I created a houseplan layout image for use in Indigo. It was rather a pain because there aren't any stencils for a house layout, such as walls, windows, doors. stairs, built-in appliances, light fixtures, etc.

I found some stencils that sorta had some furniture, bits and pieces here and there. So I had to draw walls by hand using rectangles. Total pain.

Not the type of things a pro would use for designing houses with dimensions, just some basic stuff to draw a basic houseplan layout.

Might want to try this one at Graffletopia.

Is this new? I couldn't find anything like that back when I needed it. I see it only has 726 downloads, so it must be pretty recent.

Yeah, it got put it together and uploaded very recently.

How about a better concept map (not mind map) stencil.

How about a stencil for drawing decision trees? (The shapes in the basic set are a good start, but the connectors and attachment points don't quite work)

Found a few "home office" stenciles. Would be great to have a bullet desk, bowfront desk, credenza, etc some basics found in the corporate furniture world. Love the tool ready to roll with it.

I see the new v.5 is not loaded with stencils yet. I miss the office-centric stencils. Where can I get the old "Paper Stack" I had in v.3? An open 3-ring binder would be good. Anyhow, there is my straight-down-the-road request: Lotsa office stencils.

I need stencils for HP servers (in 3D and rack). Cisco rack stuff is also needed...