The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

PDFs don't load: grey screen and acrobat icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I ever had a similar problem when i want to down the PDF at LaptopBatteryMart.com, but i did not know how to do in that time.

This thread help me finally solve this problem for my dad this morning, so I’ll just chime in to confirm that, yes, Adobe is NOT playing nice with Leopard and PDF display. All PDF documents were displaying as solid gray in Safari, and then Safari would crash.

In his case, he actually had the full Acrobat Professional, not just Acrobat Reader, but it was the same solution: turn off Adobe’s display-in-Safari option, suddenly sanity was restored.

Last edited by bigcloits; 2008-06-22 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: added more information

I found this thread and I wanted to know: is there a way to view PDFs in Adobe's plug-in within Omniweb, as you can in Safari?

Not natively in OW, inside the Acrobat plugin. We need to review PDFs and need Adobe functionality.

If you have Adobe Reader installed (version 8 or later iirc), you should be able to use the plug-in using the PDF Display option in the Display preferences.