The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Review perspective available on the iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

One of the most important aspect of GTD for me is the periodic review of all my tasks, to see if they are still appropriate, and to be sure that I won't forget one critical thing.

It's one of the most important aspect and also the one I miss frequently because I don't take time for this review when I'm busy working on my mac.

So, after playing some days with the iPhone app, I think that those moments when I'm on my iPhone, not really working, but reading my feeds, checking my mails, those moments would be great for the review of my tasks.

Do you know if there is a way to review tasks on the iphone, like the review perspective in the desktop app?

And if it does not exist, do you think it could come in a next release of OF for the iPhone?

Thanks a lot!

Gabriel

It doesn't exist. I've filed a feature request. I can't promise, however, that it'll be in the next release.

Hi Gabriel,

To me, the inability to review all of your tasks makes this program significantly less useful than it could be to me. It sounds like we have a similar work flow; I like to review all my tasks often (usually every night) and then decide what's important to do soon. I don't like having to click through each context or project to see what actions are inside. It was actually a dealbreaker for me. I ended up buying "Things."

Things is lacking many of the features of omnifocus. It doesn't have contexts. The inputting method is not as slick as omni. There is no location awareness. Also, there is no start date on projects, only due dates. But the simple ability to review all tasks actually makes the difference to me. The review mode for "things" is very slick. You can see all tasks and what project they belong to. I actually end up doing more - which is the point. I now a happy "things" user.

Hopefully they will make a review mode for omni. I'll switch back in a heartbeat. Omnifocus is a great program - but just not for me right now.