The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"New Tab" button Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A button is ok, but Firefox is simpler: double-click in a blank space next to the last tab and you get a new tab. OW could do the same: double-click in black space under the last tab-thumbnail and you get a new tab.

The way I browse, there never is a blank space in the toolbar in Firefox/drawer in OmniWeb ;)

Here's another vote for a New Tab button for the toolbar. This doesn't seem like it should be TOO difficult to add...should it? There is already the New Tab menu item, so could the same code be used?

But when I use Firefox, I like to have the New Tab button. Sometimes I'm just lazy and only want to use a mouse and not have to use a key combination, or move up to the menu. It's about another way to make things easier. Or make me lazier. Or both.

What I use is Cocoa Gestures. I have a gesture configured, "drag up" open a new tab. Drag down closes the current tab. But it's all up to you -- fully customizable and works for all Cocoa apps. I use it for Safari and Camino too. This way, I can use my mouse to open a tab, without cluttering the toolbar with another button.

I see there is a 'New Tab' drop down in the Tab bar Action menu, so what's really wrong with a new tab in the toolbar. I have become used to using it in Safari/Shiira (and don't have a close tab button in the toolbar). :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Cmd + T, Cmd + Shift + F, type search text.
Is it not possible to implement in the search field a behavior similar to the one in the URL bar: Cmd + Enter opens the search results in a new tab/window (according to the user preferences).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebob
A button is ok, but Firefox is simpler: double-click in a blank space next to the last tab and you get a new tab. OW could do the same: double-click in black space under the last tab-thumbnail and you get a new tab.
Yes, please, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebob
Good thought - but you have to have the side-bar open to do this - to create a new tab when non are open, a button would be nice:)