The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Splash Screen - really necessary? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
An option in the preferences to disable it might be nice. but that's just a thought.. not really necessary

Last edited by vinceleers; 2006-07-23 at 12:38 PM..

i wonder if there is a way that just deleting the image from the package would do the job

I don't think this would be a good solution vandelim,
because the image-load action would end up with an error,
which can never be good. Isn't it?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandelim
i wonder if there is a way that just deleting the image from the package would do the job
best way to disable it is probably to replace the splash image with a 1x1 pixel image.

The splash screen has got to go. I'm surprised OG keeps it in. It's tacky and gives OW a dated feel.

Yeah I agree most apps that use a splash screen do feel dated. I for one have big expectations for version 6 and I'm confident Omnigroup won't let us down.

When OmniWeb 5 was first released splash screens were a lot more common. The main reason for using them was due to slow launch times (they tell the user there is something going on). OmniWeb starts up a lot quicker on modern hardware so there's a good chance we'll be removing it in a future release.