The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.5 release candidate 1 now available. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone,

OmniWeb 5.5 release candidate 1 is now available. There were only a few changes in this release but one is somewhat substantial.
  • CSS will once again be loaded from FILE URLs
  • Search FIeld now scrolls like it should when you reach the right edge of the Field.
  • OmniWeb once again blocks all resources matching expressions in the blocked URLs List.
    • This is controlled by a hidden default URLFilteringEnabled which defaults to on. Turning this preference off will return OmniWeb to the behavior found in beta 4 (only blocks images and plug-in content).
  • Updated French Localization.
  • The search field should now display properly under all localizations.

Downloads available in the usual spot:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...download/beta/

Very nice indeed. Seems even speedier, and nice to have the CSS and text-ad-blocking back.

Searching page content in history still not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp07
Searching page content in history still not working.
We're making this a priority for 5.5.1. Sorry for the inconvenience here.

This will probably sound like a stupid question, but I'm still getting java script and css ads that are in my blocklist. I know hidden defaults like that are changed through the terminal but what exactly do I type to turn it on/off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewistonianExonian
This will probably sound like a stupid question, but I'm still getting java script and css ads that are in my blocklist. I know hidden defaults like that are changed through the terminal but what exactly do I type to turn it on/off?
Well changing the default i mentioned in the release notes above will only let more javascript through. Can you give us an example of a black list expression and a page that it's failing on?

By the way, if you did want to change the default above the terminal command to do it would be:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 URLFilteringEnabled -bool FALSE