The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How To Review @ The End of The Year Everything I Accomplished? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just finished reading DA's Making It All Work Book and he caught my interest when he mentioned towards the end of the book to do an end of the year yearly assesment reviewing everything that you've accomplished or haven't.

I found this great advice considering we're using OF and everything we've done has been archived.

So when 12/31 rolls by how can I take a look at all my completed stuff along with my dropped stuff?

DA mentioned to write down everything I felt good about accomplishing and writing down stuff i'd like to be able to say I want have to done at the end of 2010 too.

:]

I'm not sure if this is a perspective I created, or its a default, but I have a Completed perspective that shows you all the actions that are completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
I'm not sure if this is a perspective I created, or its a default, but I have a Completed perspective that shows you all the actions that are completed.
I've made that perspective myself too, not bad..though would love to see projects I've completed and dropped.

I'm guessing everything is in past OF database archives. Perhaps its just a matter of opening them up?

This is certainly a great idea. I am always wanting to have an easy way to examine "what have I gotten done in the last day, week, month, year"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddPeperkorn View Post
This is certainly a great idea. I am always wanting to have an easy way to examine "what have I gotten done in the last day, week, month, year"?
Though I haven't rehashed the topic, I'm still subconsciously eager to find a solution for this. I used to look at all my completed or checked off actions but that isn't the same.

Any way to view completed projects? dropped projects, etc.?

Sure. Make yourself a project mode perspective that selects completed projects. Group by completed, or maybe by folder. Sort by whatever seems appropriate for your needs. You'll probably want to view completed actions, or any. Do the same for dropped projects.

This seems related to the question about how to review at the end of the year.

I understand how to make a perspective for all complete actions, but what I'd like is a perspective for all complete actions during the last week. Why? As the week goes by, I check off what I've finished, but at the end of the week, I don't have an easy way to see what I've done so that I can write my weekly report. If I use the "Due" pre-configured perspective, it groups actions by time frame, for example the "Due within the past week". What I want is a perspective that offers "Complete within the last week". Maybe I'm missing something about how to use perspectives.

I think the following settings will do what you're after...

View -> Context Mode
View -> Status Filter -> Completed
View -> Grouping -> Completed
(Optionally, View -> Sorting -> Completed)

At this point, you should see "Completed today", "Completed yesterday", and "Completed within the last week" groups on the screen, plus some more that you can collapse if you don't need.

Is that what you're after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think the following settings will do what you're after...

View -> Context Mode
View -> Status Filter -> Completed
View -> Grouping -> Completed
(Optionally, View -> Sorting -> Completed)

At this point, you should see "Completed today", "Completed yesterday", and "Completed within the last week" groups on the screen, plus some more that you can collapse if you don't need.

Is that what you're after?
Yes, that is what I was after. I was trying to make this work in planning mode, so context mode was the key. Thank you!