The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Overzealous popup blocking Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way of getting Omniweb to allow bookmarklet popups without diabling popup blocking altogether? For example, bookmarking popups for sites like Ma.gnolia are blocked even though I have allowed popups if requested. Clearly these are requested popups, since they resulted from clicking on a bookmarklet. Is this a bug?

Thanks for the reference. I will echo the opinion from that post that bookmarklets should never (ever) be blocked. Popup blockers for other browsers do not block bookmarklet popups, so blaming it on the bookmarklet coder is not appropriate.

Last edited by hardcoreUFO; 2006-11-06 at 08:08 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoreUFO
Popup blockers for other browsers do not block popups, so blaming it on the bookmarklet coder is not appropriate.
Personally, I think popup blockers that do not block popups are not appropriate. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Personally, I think popup blockers that do not block popups are not appropriate. ;)
Even when you specify to block "only those not requested"? What is the point of having that option, then? Seems like a bug to me.

I agree, I would like to use ma.gnolia's popup bookmarklet but it gets blocked.