The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AppleScript support wish list Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just a few things I've thought 'wouldn't it be nice if...':

1) The ability to get the current selection, as well as the contents of the page in general, via AppleScript. Many times I have a script doing something with a web page and there is some information of interest on the page where it would be nice if I could just highlight this information and let the script see what the selection is.

2) It would be useful to have access to more of the metadata that is in the bookmarks window via AppleScript. For example: accessing properties in site preferences to get/set custom settings, accessing the # of total visits for a site, accessing browser history information, etc.

3) Some sort of handler mechanism (either via AppleScript or a plugin system) would be especially nice if item 2 were available.

4) Is there anything that can be done (working with Apple to come to a common 'Web Browser Suite' or just using their dictionary as the template) to get to more consistent dictionaries across browsers? It's not like this isn't a well understood application domain. (It's a stretch, but I had to ask ;-)