The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Issues with location feature Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm playing with the location feature to see how I might incorporate it in a useful way and thus far I am not getting any results that I would find helpful. First, I tried to set my Home context to current location, and search on location tells me I am "here". I can then launch the app 5 minutes later and OF tells me that "Home is anywhere from 2-6 miles away. If I click on the map, I get a green pin where OF thinks I am (2-6 miles away), a red pin where OF thinks Home is, and the blue pin fairly close to the red pin. Why does OF think I am 2-6 miles away from where I actually am?

Also, I have set up a context for "DIY Store" that I want to be for either Lowe's or Home Depot. If I set up the location to search for "Lowe's", OF correctly identifies a Lowe's that is 6 miles away. If I set up the search for "Lowe's" OR "Home Depot", using OR as was suggested in another thread, I get the closest Home Depot that is 20+ miles away and the Lowe's that is 6 miles away is ignored. Any suggestions?