The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Am I on the right track? Tags workaround. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You have to make context mode perspectives as the iPad does not yet support project mode perspectives and ignores any found in your database.

Yes, it is a bit puzzling that searching the notes field works from a perspective but not from the search facility, isn't it? Send in that feedback asking for the search field to search notes! Contact Omni under the gear menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Greg,

I just made a test perspective and found that my 'tagged' tasks in the Inbox show up on iPhone and iPad, just like they do on the Mac. Perhaps this behavior has changed recently? It would make a certain amount of sense, as Inbox actions now show up in the No Contexts bin, for example, as they are considered actionable by default.
Curious, as it still doesn't work that way for me. I just tested it again with 3 test tasks and a test perspective. One of the 3 tasks is in the Inbox with a context assigned and all tasks are available. I see all 3 tasks with the perspective on the Mac, and only 2 on the iPhone. As soon as I assign a project to the inbox item and sync, the 3rd task appears on the iPhone.

Do you think that possibly a perspective setting or a hidden preference might be the problem?

I found why the Inbox items were not appearing in the perspective. In the past I had run the Deactivate Inbox on the iPhone and when I run the Activate link, all items now appear in the perspective as Bill described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I found why the Inbox items were not appearing in the perspective. In the past I had run the Deactivate Inbox on the iPhone and when I run the Activate link, all items now appear in the perspective as Bill described.
How interesting, as I was wondering if the fact that I had done that same thing (deactivating my Inbox) was why you were getting different results!