The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context Changing to Stalled if only project is in context Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just noticed a behavior that had me confused for a while and am posting it here in case others experience the same confusion. I submitted feedback to OmniGroup about this. You may want to do the same.

I think I've found a bug where a project should be showing up in a context, but when the last action is completed, the project disappears.

Actually, not sure it is a bug but it may be a behavor issue.

Steps to reproduce:
create project called test project
create action called action
assign both project & action to a test context

view the context pane
switch to active context view
select the test context

both the project & action are appearing
when I mark the action as complete
the project disappears

after much testing, I found the project is in the stalled context view.

Here is the issue with this behavior.
Yes I agree, the project is stalled.
However, I'm not sure I agree the context is stalled.

The context is still active, with a stalled project/group in it. I would prefer this to be visible in the active contexts, so I can either complete or add children to the project/group.

To see the action and the project beneath it, and by completing the action, I am hiding the next action/group/project, is counter intuitive.

When I look in the project view, the project is not listed as stalled, which it should be stalled and not active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
I just noticed a behavior that had me confused for a while and am posting it here in case others experience the same confusion. I submitted feedback to OmniGroup about this. You may want to do the same.

I think I've found a bug where a project should be showing up in a context, but when the last action is completed, the project disappears.

Actually, not sure it is a bug but it may be a behavor issue.

Steps to reproduce:
create project called test project
create action called action
assign both project & action to a test context

view the context pane
switch to active context view
select the test context

both the project & action are appearing
when I mark the action as complete
the project disappears

after much testing, I found the project is in the stalled context view.

Here is the issue with this behavior.
Yes I agree, the project is stalled.
However, I'm not sure I agree the context is stalled.

The context is still active, with a stalled project/group in it. I would prefer this to be visible in the active contexts, so I can either complete or add children to the project/group.

To see the action and the project beneath it, and by completing the action, I am hiding the next action/group/project, is counter intuitive.

When I look in the project view, the project is not listed as stalled, which it should be stalled and not active.
Yes, this seems to be predictable. Contexts are stalled if there is no available action belonging to the context (even though there might be future actions associated with it).

I think this is one area (filtering) where Omni needs to do a better job structuring it or a better job explaining the current rationale so that it's clear. I've been sending my feedback through support ninjas, but perhaps KC can provide more detailed explanation here.

Ken

Last edited by ksrhee; 2010-02-19 at 06:13 AM..