The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

omniweb and ebay Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Is omniweb compatible with eBay?

I've been using Safari. It's worked for me with eBay for a long time. Now, Safari itself's giving me grief, and a friend told me about, and showed me, omniweb. I liked what I saw, but before I begin to get into omniweb I need to know what limitations I might be in for, particularly with eBay.

Thanks,

Rafael

Why not just try it out and see? You didn't tell us anything about what problems you might be having with Safari and eBay, so how could we possibly know if the issue occurs with OmniWeb?

I have iBook G4
CPU Speed: 1.42 GHz
Memory: 1.5 GB

The problems with Safari 4.0.4 are frequent freezing, freezing drop down menus-especially bookmarks—just running the cursor over the word Bookmarks, without the dropdown open, can freeze Safari. I tried The version of Safari that came with my OS (3. something) and a message said 'can't install'. I worked this out with an MVP, so that's it for safari. Case closed. I think the update to v.4 screwed it up.

I asked the question about compatibility, because I've yet to learn OmniWeb, and if someone on the Forum had experience with it working or not with eBay, I'd save some time and go on to FireFox because I know it works with eBay. 'Time is of the essence', someone once said.

Even with Safari I've had troubles with eBay, and techs there said to go to Firefox to solve something. I did, but I then went back to Safari because I was used to it.

Working with my MVP, she showed me both FireFox and OmniWeb and I like OmniWeb better, and I'll probably set it up later.

I'm assuming that you guys know that MVPs are Most Valued Professionals, who answer questions on the Microsoft NewsGroups.

"Right. Try it out." Thanks.

Is OmniWeb an easy learn?

Rafael

PS Where's a spell check for these forum posts?

Rafael

Why on earth would a Microsoft news group be the place to look for answers about Mac software not built by Microsoft?

Yes, try it out. It doesn't matter if it works for me, it matters if it works for you, right? I don't have any problems with my eBay dealings in Safari or OmniWeb, but but there's no guarantee that we are interacting in the same way.

OmniWeb is easy to learn and operate. If just using it is too daunting a prospect, watch the tutorial videos at http://www.omnigroup.com/omniweb/tutorials

If you read my post carefully, you’d see that I never said anything about looking for answers about non-Mac software on a Microsoft News Group. I get personal consulting from a person who happens to be a Mac MVP. My working relationship with her is totally apart from any News Groups. In addition to her expertise with Macintosh software, she is very well-informed and knowledgeable about non-Mac, non-Microsoft software such as OmniWeb.

Thanks for letting me know that OmniWeb and eBay are totally compatible. If it works for you, it’ll work for me, right? Interacting with eBay is a piece of cake; I’ve only had minor glitches since 2002, and I’ve maintained a feedback record of 100%. I doubt that there’s much difference between how you interact with eBay, and how I interact with it.

Daunted? About learning and operating OmniWeb? Hardly. I came to this forum for a quick yes or no about compatibility. I got my answer, and I’m really impressed that it took you only a few lines to resolve the issue.

I like this forum, and I know I’ll like OmniWeb, not just for eBay, but for all the things I do with a browser.

Thanks, whpalmer4. You’ve been a big help.