The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.7 now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone, OmniWeb 5.7 is now final and available for download here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/download/

The only changes since the last beta are localization tweaks (so if you were having trouble before they should hopefully be gone now). Thanks for your help in testing the betas and sneaky peeks!

If you haven't been using the preleleases, complete release notes for 5.7 are available on the download page above.

Last edited by troyb; 2008-04-09 at 03:09 PM..

Sweet. I really like its responsiveness. Kudos on that.

My only dislike is those icons, though. I know it can take a while to get used to knew things, but the new ones seem to be lacking some of the polish of old. Any chance on some refinements?

(I'm just being picky. This release works so well that I don't really have any other feedback!)

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize there were a few other threads devoted to the icons.

Last edited by TimmyDee; 2008-04-16 at 04:37 PM..

Cool, great work!
Even at the risk of being taken for a total d*ck, I dare to ask: so, when do we get to see the first OW 6.0 sneaky peeks then?

No seriously, there are many things that OW now needs to overtake the "other" browsers again. I'd really like to see some of the often requested features and fixes of some apparent GUI bugs (like not being able to order items by size or type by clicking on the column title etc.). Stuff that has been sort of broken for a very long time.

I also hope OW 6 will not take another year or so...

Wow! Version 5.7 is fast fast, fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDee View Post
Sweet. I really like its responsiveness. Kudos on that.

My only dislike is those icons, though. I know it can take a while to get used to knew things, but the new ones seem to be lacking some of the polish of old. Any chance on some refinements?

(I'm just being picky. This release works so well that I don't really have any other feedback!)

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize there were a few other threads devoted to the icons.
I second that.

The new icons in OmniWeb 5.7 appear nothing like icons used throughout the Leopard user interface... they look like Snow White made them, and are more suitable for an Apple IIc theme!!!

They lack colour, and if they are supposed to lack colour, well, they are not encapsulated in the oval-style graphite backdrops that appear in Preview and in Mail...

... Newsflash!!! they don't appear in colour because I am using the Graphite colour scheme in the Appearance Preferences! Just switched to Blue, and the colours have emerged in the icons!

No, I don't think they work in the Mac's general way of desktop graphics design. Granted, there's nothing in Apple's documentation that say how you should be designing your artwork, but at the same time, OmniWeb's icons look so different to everything else that I would probably go ahead and change them myself back to how 5.6 presented them (if I can find out if I can actually change them, and how they're done!).

Cheers!