The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Power of 2 minutes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here is a little trick that I used tonight that might be helpful. While reviewing my project list, I realized that many projects had 2 minute NA's holding up progress. OF is brilliant and I continue to find new features. I command+clicked on all of my 2 minute actions and then changed the estimated hours field in the action inspector. Then I created a perspective that showed NA's with a duration of less than 5 minutes. It was fabulous to rip through 20 NA's. I'm going to make this a part of my weekly review.

that is a really cool tip ! thanks for sharing that .. I'm adding it to daily review [when possible ] right alongside " verify next actions exist " : )

This is a fabulous tip.

But what are NAs? And how do I set durations?

I'd really like to implement this, so that I can set easy tasks to 5 mins and then set up a Perspective for 5 mins. and under.

--Sandy Santra

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
But what are NAs?
Next actions.

Quote:
And how do I set durations?
Go to Preferences and select the extra column "Extimated Hours."

OK, cool. So with Library selected on the left, and the View set to Duration 5 mins., on the right I see only those tasks that are that length or under. Unfortunately, I also see all the other projects (but with no tasks listed). Any way to hide them and just show a list of the projects with tasks 5 mins. and under (and the tasks, of course)? Some of these (maybe all) are empty projects, so maybe what I need is some way not to show empty projects in a view. Thanks.

Last edited by santra; 2007-09-30 at 09:38 AM..

Quote:
OK, cool. So with Library selected on the left, and the View set to Duration 5 mins., on the right I see only those tasks that are that length or under. Unfortunately, I also see all the other projects (but with no tasks listed). Any way to hide them and just show a list of the projects with tasks 5 mins. and under (and the tasks, of course)? Some of these (maybe all) are empty projects, so maybe what I need is some way not to show empty projects in a view. Thanks.
Not in Planning Mode.

Try it in Context Mode.

That's it. Thanks!