The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Basic Questions from a new user Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am crafting architectural type drawings. The grid shows on the screen but not on print. I am sure I am missing something pretty basic...

What is the easiest way to save this blank for future diagrams? I would like to setup a footer with the firm name, client name, project, designer, etc.

Anyone have a nice font that looks hand-lettered that would present like old hand drawings?

Using OmniGraffle Basic on MacBook Pro (Lion) and MacPro (Snow Leopard)

Oh... <Print Grid> works... That issue is resolved. The other two are more informational. But suggestions are welcome.

You can save your blank using the template feature. To see available templates, use the File>Template Chooser menu item. Several are included in OG. Opening a template starts a new document with all of the contents and settings of the template.

There are two ways to make and save your own templates. If you're starting from scratch to build a new template, use File>New Resource>New Template... If you've already created a document and want to turn it into a template, use the File>Export menu item and choose OmniGraffle Template as the format. If you want that new template to show up in the Template Chooser, you'll have to save it in the right place in the Library folder in your home directory. Put it in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Templates/. You can organize that Templates folder as you wish; its subfolders will show up in the Template Chooser

If your font question refers to hand lettering on architectural drawings, the Tekton typeface is a good one to consider. Tekton is based on Frank Ching's lettering in his architecture books. It's not free, but there are some free knockoffs.

Thanks!