The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BUG: Sync gets some changes but not others Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just like to add that I'm seeing the exact same problems under the exact conditions described by Zapodidae. All of the new tasks I add via the iPhone app show up in the desktop app, but all of the dates I've changed and completion status updates are reverted to when the desktop last synched. I also use iDisk synching and have checked the timestamps of the files there as well and see similar behavior.

I'm running OS 10.5.4 on the desktop and using an iPhone 3G.

If there's anything else I can do to provide useful debugging information, I'd be glad to help.

Thanks for the prompt reply and the advice. I'll follow your instructions.

It doesn't get said enough on these forums how great an application OF is, and how helpful and responsive the support from Omnigroup staff has been.

Same thing here. Only one Mac and one iPhone but similar results. Spent most of this evening Reseting Database on phone and re syncing and in the end had to scrub the phone, update all the entries on my Mac that never made it home from my iPhone and generally getting peed off. I could have spent the time Getting Things Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Zapodidae: To protect your data while we figure out what's going on...
Before you go...
(1) Get the most current data on your iPhone.
(2) Turn off syncing on your Mac

When you get back...
(1) Make sure the iPhone is all synced up to your iDisk
(2) Copy the file from your iDisk to your Mac and double-click it to open in OmniFocus and confirm it has all the changes from your iPhone.
(3) Move aside the OmniFocus.ofocus file from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus.ofocus and launch OmniFocus. It should be a reset database with just example data in it.
(4) Turn syncing back on
(5) It will probably ask you whether to use your Local or Server database. Choose Server so the iDisk data is used.

Obviously, this would be tedious to do if you were using both machines actively, so for everyone else, please rest assured that we are working to figure this out and get a fix out soon.
I'm having the same issue. 1 iPhone and 1 macbook. My sync-ing has been all over the place between my laptop and iPhone. I went two days before syncing my laptop and lost a bunch of stuff I entered on my iPhone during that period. I tested again tonight and found what was on my phone and laptop were different. Items completed on my phone were showing overdue on my laptop.

I did follow Lizard's instructions (quoted above so I don't lose it) and was able to level everything out, so that's a good temporary fix. But I'm getting gun shy of this app, my personal stuff is no big deal. But, I lost some "work" stuff which really hurt. What I have found is that as long as you don't sync your phone, your in good shape, but doesn't that defeat the purpose? I really love omnigroup and omnifocus, but just want it to work.

Last edited by Daland; 2008-07-30 at 01:49 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daland View Post
What I have found is that as long as you don't sync your phone, your in good shape, but doesn't that defeat the purpose? I really love omnigroup and omnifocus, but just want it to work.
For the time being, would it be best to uninstall the iPhone app until this issue is resolved? I also lost some work stuff and it was a real drag. If we uninstall, will we be able to reinstall it for free later on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir42 View Post
For the time being, would it be best to uninstall the iPhone app until this issue is resolved? I also lost some work stuff and it was a real drag. If we uninstall, will we be able to reinstall it for free later on?

It is free to reinstall any apps on your iPhone. I recently wiped my personal phone and had no trouble getting my apps re-installed.