The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable to execute SQL Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I "upgraded" to 1.6.1 sneakypeak and started to receive Unable to execute SQL messages. I'm waiting for tech support, but in the meantime, does anyone have any clever ideas? Basically, nothing works. Can't add data or even quit.

I have rebuilt the database, but that didn't work. It is probably time to restore an older back-up.

Thanks for any insights. Although I love being on the bleeding edge, I have a lot of stuff I need to get done!

Steve

sneakypeek 1.6.1?? Where doe I get this? I'm on 1.6 right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by brest View Post
sneakypeek 1.6.1?? Where doe I get this? I'm on 1.6 right now
I have to admire the adventuresome spirit of someone who in response to a post that says "I just installed <XYZ> and it totally screwed things up for me" asks "hey, where can I get <XYZ>" :-)

You can download the 1.6.1 Sneaky Peek from http://www.omnigroup.com/application...oad/sneakypeek

For what it is worth, I haven't had any such problems with 1.6.1 yet, nor have I heard of any (other than steve's report, of course). My hunch is that steve's issue will turn out to be something unique about his system gumming up the works, but that's just speculation. Hopefully the ninjas will get to the bottom of it quickly.

In fairness to Sneaky Peek 1.6.1, I had this issue a few weeks ago and rebuilt the database which seemed like it had fixed the problem.

I always want to stay on edge of this wonderful software :-) I was in the sneakypeek program up until 1.6 arrived. After that, my update checks in the software wouldn't tell me anymore that there is a new sneakypeek. Glad I know that now. That's worth a Safari bookmark!

Yeah, you always have to make a conscious choice to start on each sneaky peek "track" -- and it does seem like the advent of this particular sneaky peek was a bit sneaky :-)

I have no regrets about being on the edge, although, I haven't seen any benefits of this particular sneaky peak adventure yet. Hopefully, I fixed my problems by rebuilding the DB a few times. All seems OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I have no regrets about being on the edge, although, I haven't seen any benefits of this particular sneaky peak adventure yet. Hopefully, I fixed my problems by rebuilding the DB a few times. All seems OK.
Thanx! I was having the same problem and rebuilding fixed it for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Yeah, you always have to make a conscious choice to start on each sneaky peek "track" -- and it does seem like the advent of this particular sneaky peek was a bit sneaky :-)
They have an RSS feed for each of their sneaky peek pages, btw.

Edit: which means you can keep track of the progress without actually taking part...