The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

daily report chronologically sorted Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all
I am testing OmniPlan at the moment to figure out, if it works for my needs. That is, organizing music festivals.
I set up one project for a festival and a group per concert in this festival. Additionally, there is one group for all tasks that are not for a special concert, but the overall organisation (such as picking up a hired car, buying food for the catering, daily meetings,...).
I added two columns. One for the place of the task/event, one for the car that is needed (I know, the car-column is redundant - I could use the resource-coulumn, but I consider it to be more clearly represented).

My main problem is the following: many things that belong to different groups (concerts) happen more ore less simultaneously: e.g. musicians of concert 6 are arriving on day one of the festival, rehearse on day two, are playing on day 3. in the same time other groups rehearse, run their show etc.

Now, what I am looking for is a possibility to print all the tasks/events of a day in chronological order. What I get after filtering and sorting is a list of all the events of the day in chronological order BUT assorted in groups.

How do I get rid of the sorting in groups? It is essential for me to hand out a schedule of the day with all events/tasks of the day in chronological order, where I can see which event belongs to which concert.

I hope I made my point clear. I'm not a native speaker of English an work with the German version of OmniPlan.

Kind regards --- acm

Edit: I've been searching this forum and the manual for an answer, but didn't find a suitable solution. Hope, not to have overseen something!

I now found a solution. It's not brilliant, but it works:

I added another column and put it at first position. Every concert (that is, every group) has it's abbreviation and every single task has this abbreviation too in the first column. Now, I can filter after abbreviation to have the schedule for one concert or can filter to have ALL tasks of a day.

Still, if anybody knows a solution to my problem described in post #1, I would be glad if you shared it with me (and the others).