The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniNote? (instead of Evernote or DevonThink) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hy

i am looking for a practical Note-SW:
- local synch (or f.e. via OmniSynchServer(?))
- OS5 and Mac OS
- Omni-Look&Feel ;-).

Maybe OmniFocus or OmniOutliner? But with OOL synch is terrible and OF is not practical in storing notes. But f.e. OF I had not find the best way to just store infos without all the reminder stuff.

Had Evernote (and I 'loved' it), but I dont want to store the data on their server uncrypted, and DevonThinkProOffice it terrible in synch and using/user interface.

Takk fyrir
Claus

http://www.claus-in-iceland.com
http://www.facebook.com/claus.in.iceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by claus View Post
... Had Evernote (and I 'loved' it), but I dont want to store the data on their server uncrypted ...
Had you considered setting up an encryption app that would work on the fly on your desktop files before you upload them to Evernote? I would hesitate to suggest how to restore such encrypted files on the iPad/iPod without a companion app, but this thought is just in case it is only encryption of file storage for your desktop applications that worries you.

--
JJW

No, I want to use EV also on my iPad and iPhone, so I would need en/de-cryption on these devices! (i hope that i understood you correct).

Quote:
Originally Posted by claus View Post
No, I want to use EV also on my iPad and iPhone, so I would need en/de-cryption on these devices! (i hope that i understood you correct).
Yes. That is the suggestion. So, search in the App Store for ... zip ... utilities.

--> iZip
--> ZipBrowser

ZIP the file as an archive on your Mac with a password. Upload the ZIP archive to EN. Collect it on your iPad/iPhone. Open it with a password.

I have not tried any of these two options (yet).

--
JJW

On Evernote, you can actually encrypt within notes, so if for example you wanted bank account numbers, passwords and the like, it can be done.

Have a google around.

the nvalt fork of Notational Velocity can encrypt the note store and you can use whatever sync glue you want.

http://brettterpstra.com/project/nvalt/