The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pop-Up window for client certificates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello OmniWeb Folks,

I use my MacBook for personal and business and so I do with Omniweb. I have also installed to client certificates in my login keychain. The first one was the personal and later I added the one from my work email account.

At work I need to login to some websites which require me to authenticate with a client certificate.

But I heard of a bug in WebKit/Safari/OmniWeb which causes that the Keychain can't handle multiple client certificates and therefore the worn one (personal) is send to https server for authentication.

The question is, if there is an option in OmniWeb or Keychain where I can select if I want to send my client certificate to the https server. Could be a pop-up window or some generell option in the preferences.

When declining to send the client certificate to the remote server it will most likely present a webpage with a login screen where I could fill in my credentials. Unless the bug is fixed that would be the best workaround.

Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Jan

Unfortunately there isn't an option for this in OmniWeb at this time :(

I have to second this wish. It isn't that uncommon. Every time it happens I have to start FF. I just want to use one browser, not two or three.