The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1.0.3 won't install - OF gone from my iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just tried to install the 1.0.3 update on my iPhone via iTunes. In the middle of the iPhone sync, an error message pops up in iTunes:

The application "OmniFocus" was not installed on the iPhone "MAL iPhone" because an unknown error occurred (0xE800002E).

Now there's no OF on my iPhone! The OF in iTunes doesn't mention 1.0.3. Its Version is 77.9.2.0.103897 and its Date Modified is 8/15/08 10:37 AM, which seems about right for the time I updated.

I've tried to install several times, and I get this message every time. The first time I synced after updating OF in iTunes, the iPhone rebooted.

I'm now OF-less. What to do?

Last edited by Mark Lawrence; 2008-08-15 at 07:53 AM..

I haven't had this issue myself, but maybe this thread has the solution?

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9295

Yes, that worked! Thanks!

In a nutshell:

1. In iTunes, deselect OmniFocus as one of the apps synced to the iPhone.
2. Resync the iPhone. OmniFocus will be removed.
3. Reselect OmniFocus as a synced app.
4. Resync the iPhone. OmniFocus gets reinstalled and all's right with the world.

All OmniFocus data on the iPhone will be lost, but that may have happened with an update anyway. Since I sync with a WebDAV server, I just had to reset the connection to it.