The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

dependency upwards? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've not read the Gant book so I might have missed out on the basics, but

Can't I have a Task with a higher "task no" make a Finish->Start dependency for a task above?

I've tried connecting the two with all Types of connections, then click on "Level". But tasks underneath doesn't seem to push the ones above further in time.

thanks
david

Sure, you can have dependencies go up. Check out the sample doc here: http://blog.omnigroup.com/2006/09/21...d-sample-file/

In that plan, the arrow from task 9 to task 8 goes up. To draw a dependency arrow, hold down shift and draw a line from the start or finish of one task to the start or finish of any other task The toolbar is just a shortcut for the most common case, since people tend to put the first tasks at the top of the list and have their arrows go down.

Could you add a feature that the finish-start dependency checks the order in which the tasks were selected and marks the arrow accordingly? I would find that most convenient.

Best regards,
Jani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frand
Could you add a feature that the finish-start dependency checks the order in which the tasks were selected and marks the arrow accordingly? I would find that most convenient.

Best regards,
Jani
Hi Jani,

We have a feature request for this in our database, so I'll add another vote to it for you. :-)