The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reset Bezier Control Points? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-

Apologies if this has been answered (I searched), but is it possible to reset Bezier control points to what I would call their original "zero-offset" from the drawing point?

In other words, if a point is at {-0.213178, -0.233334}, and I've fiddled with its control points, how do I reset them to {-0.213178, -0.233334} as well?

Many thanks! Charles

Last edited by Charles Turner; 2010-05-20 at 01:25 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Turner View Post
is it possible to reset Bezier control points to what I would call their original "zero-offset" from the drawing point?
I notice that the Editing Points section of the help file suggests that this may happen automatically in response to a hint:

Command-drag a point to give it handles. If you drag a handle close enough to the point itself, the handle disappears entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Command-drag a point to give it handles. If you drag a handle close enough to the point itself, the handle disappears entirely.
Yeah, thanks. I was aware of that, but in my experience dragging doesn't restore the identical value...

Best, Charles

The point list (triplets of end points + two bezier points) is at least writable ...

Code:
tell application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
	set oSeln to selection of front window
	tell first item of oSeln
		set lstPoints to point list
		set lngPoints to count of lstPoints
		set lngEndPoints to lngPoints div 3

set iPoint to 1 -- not always appropriate
		repeat lngEndPoints times
			set lstEndPoint to item iPoint of lstPoints
			set item ((iPoint + 1)) of lstPoints to lstEndPoint
			set item ((iPoint + 2)) of lstPoints to lstEndPoint
			set iPoint to iPoint + 3
		end repeat
		set point list to lstPoints
	end tell
end tell

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-05-21 at 06:11 AM..