The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to make Omniweb always start up with start page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi...

my question is really simple and probably silly but I did ot figure it out yet:
how do I make OmniWEB show the configured startpage on Startup?
My OmniWEB always shows the page(s) I was last visiting.

Ciao

...Jochen

You probably set your default workspace to autosave, so the workspace will be restored every time you start OW. Just create a new workspace and use that; OW will always start up with the workspace that was active when OW was quitted. If you don't need it anymore, you can delete the other workspace afterwards.

Regards, zottel

You can actually turn this setting on and off for any workspace. The setting is called "Auto-Save while browsing" and can be found by clicking on "Show Workspaces" in the Workspaces menu. Just uncheck the setting and you will no longer preserve open windows and tabs between launches.

Thanks al lot! This Workspaces menu was what I was looking for.

Ciao

...Jochen

On a related note -- how can you force OW to open the default workspace each time it is started. It currently opens the last viewed workspace, which is annoying if you just want to open a single page quickly but have to wait for an entire workspace full of pages to load before you can do anything.

Thanks.

You can't force the same workspace to open on launch right now. You can launch OmniWeb by double clicking on workspace files but that's the closest you can get to this behavior at the moment.

Workspace files are here:
~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/Workspaces/
(where ~ is your home folder)