The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript first steps. Joining shapes with a curvy line Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi Omni gang

I am about to set sail learning the basics of Applescript to attempt to automate some of the processes in my OG4-reliant business.

Could anyone give me a gentle push-off the pier by describing the Applescript required to have a curvy line link a number of highlighted objects? Say I multiple select some objects on screen, I would like to have a 'button' in the bottom corner of the page with an Action that runs a little Applescript to have a curvy (sine-like?) line link the objects - however not link back to the first object. That will be done manually, so I stay alert.

Can anyone help? Obviously I've done this manually and done a Copy as Applescript, pasted that into an Action button, etc. But obviously the absolute references to x&y positions to draw to screen are not going to get me anywhere.

Any assistance is of course, greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ivan

Queensland, Australia