The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tab key doesn't work as expected with multiple tabs open Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,

Subject pretty much says it all. When I have a window with multiple tabs open, I generally have to click into an empty page area before I can tab to/between form fields on a page. And even then it only cycles through once before my keyboard focus ends up in no-mans-land and hitting Tab doesn't do anything any more.

When I have no tabs open (or just one tab open I suppose) in a window the Tab key works as it always has in OmniWeb and other browsers, cycling between the form fields on the page and the Address and Search fields in the toolbar.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior? I have seen it in the last few Sneakypeeks as well as beta1 and beta2. I've seen some mentions of keyboard-focus hiccups in the forums, but not quite this specific issue.

Thanks,
Mike

There are some other threads on this. This is one:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...&highlight=tab

I think somewhere it's mentioned that it's a known issue as well. Maybe not your specific method of reproducing it, but tabbing in general is definitely broken.

It would seem to be a general problem of focus not being assigned to the document window in various circumstances. It affects keyboard input in general, not just the tab key; you should also find that you cannot press the spacebar to "page down", and on pages that have JavaScript onKeyUp/onKeyDown listeners, key commands do not work until you click in the window. It also affects mouse interaction; until you click in the window to assign focus, mouseovers don't work, and you'll probably find that you have to click a link twice before it will activate.

Pretty sure this is all the same issue.

I find it tends to occur when switching between tabs (and it doesn't seem to matter whether you change tabs by clicking or with the keyboard shortcut, so I would guess that it's not a matter of input focus having moved to the tab drawer, but it could be).