The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus mail-act-on problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear all

There are some threads about this topic but I tried all of the solutions of them but they don't work

The issue is:

clipping in mail through omnifocus

I did set up clipping in omnifocus short-key is control-alt-command-C
this key is not assigned in mail-act-on
If I select a mail and use the short-key mail-mail-act-on tells me that that key is not assigned to mail-act-on.
In services from the menu I can use send- to omnifocus inbox.
Also in safari the clipping seems not to be working

Anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong

regards cles van de Ven

Sorry for the confusion! According to the Keyboard Viewer (available from the Keyboard pane of System Preferences) it looks like Option-C and Control-Option-C are both meant to produce this character: "ç".

However, when I press the latter combination of keys in Safari, Mail, TextEdit, or OmniFocus, no new character actually appears in the text areas. The Mac accepts the keypress, but no character comes out the other end. (This is on a Mac running Lion.)

I'm not an engineer, so I don't really know why that's happening, but it would explain why the Command-ç shortcut isn't working for you. Unfortunately, just dropping Control isn't really going to work - too many apps use Command-Option-C for "Copy Style".

Really sorry, but I think choosing a different shortcut is going to be the easiest workaround here.

I tried many keyboard shortcuts

at this moment I use control-alt-comand-C by my knowledge is not any program using this shortcut

I'm having the same problem. I'm on Snow Leopard with all software updated to its latest versions.

I used to use command-option-control-c to activate the Clip-O-Tron 3000 and it worked without issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Clip-O-Tron but it didn't help. I switched my keyboard shortcut and it didn't help. I'm thinking that some update must have broken the link between the keyboard shortcut and OF. I have Mail Act-On installed and I get the same message that Cles does.